A module to extend the python json package functionality:
- Treat a directory structure like a nested dictionary
- Lightweight plugin system: define bespoke classes for parsing different file extensions (in-the-box: .json, .csv, .hdf5) and encoding/decoding objects.
- Lazy Loading: read files only when they are indexed into
- Tab Completion: index as tabs for quick exploration of data
- Manipulation of nested structures, including; filter, merge, diff, flatten, unflatten
- Enhanced pretty printer
- Output to directory structure (of n folder levels)
- On-disk indexing option for large json files (using the ijson package)
- Units schema concept to apply and convert physical quantities (using the pint package)
- All functions are thoroughly documented with tested examples.
- Basic Example
- Creating and Loading Plugins
- Extended Examples
- Summary of Functions
- Package API